[MPlayer-DOCS] homepage translation status

Torinthiel torinthiel at megapolis.pl
Sun Feb 6 20:52:30 CET 2005

On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 03:47:48PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> Hi team!
>
> I've been looking through the homepage translations to get an overview
> of their status.  The result is mixed.
>
> Hungarian:
> This one is perfect, it's complete and always up-to-date.
>
> Polish:
> Good, it's incomplete but what's there is up-to-date.  codecs.html and
> projects.html are still missing.  Are you going to finish these?  Is
> there an ETA on those files?

Yes we are. But don't ask me for ETA, especially during exam session.
I don't even dare to ask now.

> Another question I have is the news archive.  I'm not sure if it is
> worth translating it, it's a lot of work and of limited value.  The
> Hungarian version was already present so this was a different
> situation.  Does the Polish team plan to translate it?

Some part is translated, but I don't know when/if it'll be finished.

> Another option
> might be creating it once I move out old entries from the news page to
> the news archive and then fill the untranslated rest with the English
> original.

Thinking of that... How about we proofread what was translated from
news-archive, and upload it. It probably will take some time, as
formatting would have to be updated as well. Then you (or someone else)
could move old entries from news, and maybe, maybe someday somebody
would translate one entry back.
Torinthiel

--
 Waclaw "Torinthiel" Schiller       GG#: 542916, 3073512
   torinthiel(at)megapolis(dot)pl