[MPlayer-DOCS] homepage translation status

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sun Feb 6 15:47:48 CET 2005

Hi team!

I've been looking through the homepage translations to get an overview
of their status.  The result is mixed.

Hungarian:
This one is perfect, it's complete and always up-to-date.

Polish:
Good, it's incomplete but what's there is up-to-date.  codecs.html and
projects.html are still missing.  Are you going to finish these?  Is
there an ETA on those files?

Spanish:
It's in a very sorry state.  Except for the layout and the screenshots
page that I update it's horribly outdated.  I've fixed the HTML some
time ago, but I really have no time to maintain the translation.  We
really need to find some people to maintain this or I'm afraid we will
have to drop it, which would be a pity.

Another question I have is the news archive.  I'm not sure if it is
worth translating it, it's a lot of work and of limited value.  The
Hungarian version was already present so this was a different
situation.  Does the Polish team plan to translate it?  Another option
might be creating it once I move out old entries from the news page to
the news archive and then fill the untranslated rest with the English
original.  There's a beginning of a translation of the news archive in
the Spanish version but it's incomplete and the HTML is badly in need
of a fixup, it's still full of <font> tags and similar horrors.  I
think I will link to the English version in the menu, I'm even tempted
to completely remove it from CVS, but I'm not sure about that.

Anyway, I'm not going to accept new homepage translations unless it's
clear that they will be maintained for the medium term at least like
the Polish and Hungarian ones.