[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: homepage/src news.src.en,1.216,1.217

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Aug 9 10:58:23 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 07:35:30PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > german and swiss account
>
> i thought that the fees for money transfers within the eu must be the same as
> the ones within one contry or something like that, am i wrong or why are
> there so many accounts?

Well, first you are only right in theory, banks tend to care little
about law when it costs them money (you know, only half the amount
arrives and each bank says the other one took it. Maybe it actually
works by now, but you never know).
But actually the reason was that quite a few people seem to know nothing
about IBAN and how to do a transfer with them (and for people like me it
would also mean going to the bank to get an IBAN-compatible form).
Hopefully most people will use the "European Bank Account" one (maybe we
should add a note saying to use that one preferably?).

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger