[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/man/fr mplayer.1,1.133,1.134

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Sep 29 11:15:45 CEST 2004

Guillaume Poirier CVS wrote:

> 1.755:
> Better wording/descriptions as suggested by the Wanderer
>
> + found a nice equivalent to English "overlay" in French (incrustation) ->
> 	Kudows to my Dad! ;-)

Unfortunately, this breaks the reason for the inclusion of that word in
the bmovl description in the first place, that being so that it's clear
to the user where the cryptically-abbreviated option name comes from.

>  .B "bmovl=hidden:opaque:fifo"
> -Lit les bitmaps depuis une FIFO et les affiche par dessus la vidéo,
> -avec éventullement quelques transformation de l'image.
> -Soir aussi TOOLS/bmovl-test.c pour un programme de test simple de bmovl.
> +Le filtre de superposition d'images lit depuis une FIFO des images (bitmaps)
> +et les incruste dans la vidéo, après les avoir préalablement transformées.
> +Voir aussi TOOLS/bmovl-test.c pour un programme de test simple de bmovl.

You've indicated part of the source term by the parenthetical use of the
word "bitmaps"; is there any way which would be clear in the flow of the
language (which I do not either speak or read more than vaguely) you
could do something similar with "overlay"?

If you don't think this can be done without being awkward and/or
confusing the reader, then I won't hesitate to drop the issue. If it
can, however, I'd prefer it to be.

side of it.