[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/man/en mplayer.1,1.742,1.743

Guillaume POIRIER guillaume.poirier at ifsic.univ-rennes1.fr
Sun Sep 26 22:46:46 CEST 2004

Le dim 26/09/2004 à 16:14, Diego Biurrun a écrit :
> Guillaume POIRIER writes:
> > Le dim 26/09/2004 à 00:59, Diego Biurrun CVS a écrit :
> >
> > > +.IPs subdirs=<prefix>
> > > +Create numbered subdirectories with the specified prefix to
> > > +save the files in instead of the current directory.
> >
> > By understanding of the previous description is that "subdirs" creates
> > "prefixed" sub-directories inside the directory where the files are
> > written, which is ./ by default, but can be changed.
> > I haven't tested that feature, so I'm might be wrong though.
>
> And this is what my description is supposed to say in a more concise
> way.  So
>
> mplayer -vo pnm:subdirs=bla
>
> creates a ./bla00000001 subdirectory and writes the files to that
> directory.
>
> Is the description confusing/unclear?  Would

Yes, I think it is quite confusing.

>   .IPs subdirs=<prefix>
>   Create numbered subdirectories with the specified prefix in the
>   current directory to save the files in instead of writing them to
>   the current directory.
>
> be better?

No, that's not where IMHO the problem was lying.

Since you know French, let me put what I wrote on my man page:
.IPs subdirs=<prfixe>
Crée des sous-répertoires numérotés avec le préfixe donné
pour y écrire les fichiers au lieu de les mettre tous dans le
même répertoire.

Which I'd translate to English by:

.IPs subdirs=<prefix>
Create numbered subdirectories with the specified prefix to
save the files in instead putting them all in the same directory.

The problem is that prefixes are used to group a bunch of files to
subdirs, where "a bunch" is determined by the "maxfiles" options.

Hope it's clearer now.

> > Another trailing space problem... Heck, I wish my editor would always
> > tell them to me !
>
> Just add
>
> (setq show-trailing-whitespace t)
>
> to your .emacs ;-)

Hum... I did that, but it doesn't seem to put any kind of
warning/color/Diego face to tell me I've got something wrong. ;-)
Bummer!

Regards,