[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: homepage/src news-archive.src.en,1.32,1.33

Guillaume POIRIER guillaume.poirier at ifsic.univ-rennes1.fr
Sat Sep 25 23:30:01 CEST 2004

Hi,
Le sam 25/09/2004 à 22:29, Michael Niedermayer a écrit :
[..]
> IMHO, news entries should never be changed against the authors will, except by
> complete removal with a visible note that the entry was removed, after some
> agreement (vote or project leader)
> so iam against adding some note which would look like it was written by gabu

How about just _moving_ the the news up to that contentious one to the old news
section. At the very least, it would make is less visible.

I'm new here, so maybe my voice doesn't count much, but I don't think there were
any willingness to personally harm someone (rather respecting other people's
work, namely Kernel hackers and Debian Team), so I'm quite surprised by people's
reactions.

To me, MPlayer is one of the icons of Free Software, and I do think that what is
written on the news section, being signed or not signed by the release team,
should not needlessly put down other projects. That's about respect.

Regards,