[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/man/en mplayer.1,1.709,1.710

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sun Sep 12 18:14:53 CEST 2004

danny writes:
> Alle 14:55, sabato 11 settembre 2004, Diego Biurrun ha scritto:
> > Daniele Forghieri CVS writes:
> > >
> > >  .B null\ \ \
> > >  Produces no video output.
> > >  Useful for benchmarking.
> > > +Actually there are no suboptions available.
> >
> > Just leave this out, it's not necessary to mention this explicitly,
> > same below.
> >
> 	I put this to clarify that is documented.

The idea is OK, but the principle should be that the man page is
complete.  The incomplete parts are clearly marked as FIXME, so no
need to stress the lack of suboptions.  Besides we will hopefully have
them all documented soon.  So please remove that sentence.

> > > +You must specify only one option.
> >
> > Hmm, I think you can safely leave this out, the suboptions clearly do
> > the opposite, they cannot both work simultaneously.
> >
> 	Every output module does its option parsing (this MUST be fixed IMHO) and if
> you pass "interlace:interlace_bf" it will generate an error.
>
> 	In the jpeg module if you pass "progressive:noprogressive:progressive" the
> program use the last if found

Yeah, suboption parsing needs to be unified.

> > > +.IPs fps\ \ \
> > > +Float value to specify framerate (default: 5).
> > > +.IPs filename
> > > +Specify the output filename (default: out.gif).
> >
> > I'd write ./out.gif here to clarify again that it goes into the
> > current directory.
> >
> > How do you specify these suboptions?
> >
> >   -vo gif89a:25:/tmp/foo.gif
> >
> 	this way

OK, then it should be <fps> and <filename>.

> > > +It support RGB and BGR format with 24 bpp.
> >
> > 24bpp RGB and BGR formats are supported.
> >
> 	I don't like start a setence with a number, in italian is a think you
> normally don't do

I would say this is not a problem in English and to the best of my
limited knowledge it is not a problem in German, Spanish and French.

> > > +Actually there are no suboptions available.
> > > +
> > >  .
> >
> > Don't add empty lines to the man page, empty lines are interpreted by
> > groff.
> >
> 	yes, I found that line when I look at the CSV log, not when i review the
> patch on my portable!

If in doubt, just check your changes with 'cvs diff -u' before committing.

> 	I start to correct the doc immeduiately and I try to take a look at some
> other video driver

Good :-)