[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/man/en mplayer.1,1.709,1.710

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sun Sep 12 18:02:11 CEST 2004

Ivo writes:
> On Saturday 11 September 2004 14:55, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > Somebody should convert the -z option into a suboption.  Ivo, you've
> > done this for -jpeg, could you repeat it for -z?
>
> It's already on my TODO list, together with (at least) all other commandline
> options that relate to a video output driver.

Good, finally somebody is taking care of this :-)

> BTW Any reason why -lavcopts is used and not -ovc lavc:vcodec=mpeg4:etc...?

Hmm, probably no (good) reason.  Still it is a somewhat different
situation.  There are output drivers with suboptions already, so it is
only natural to make all of them use suboptions instead of specific
options.  Besides, there are many many scripts that use -lavcopts, so
there should be some backwards compatibility.