[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/man/de mplayer.1, 1.52, 1.53 (still NODAEMON)

Sebastian Krämer mail at skraemer.de
Tue Sep 7 02:36:08 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 07 September 2004 02:04, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> Sebastian Kraemer CVS writes:
> > -2: iterative MotionVector-Suche (MV, langsam)
> > +2: iterative Bewegungsvektor (MV)-Suche (langsam)
>
> I'm tempted to leave "motion vector" untranslated or put the English
> in parentheses or something so that the abbreviation MV makes sense.

Yes, I was, too. Now that you also say it, I think I'll change it back (not
tonight).

> > +8: Makroblock (MB)-Typ
>
> This looks odd.  I'd put the hyphen somewhere else.  But this is minor
> and I'm not very sure how to do it better.

Yap, made a change there. See upcoming patch

> > +1: mache von P-Frames vorhergesagte Bewegungsvektoren sichtbar
> > +.br
> > +2: mache von B-Frames vorhergesagte Bewegungsvektoren sichtbar
> > +.br
> > +4: mache von B-Frames nach-gesagte Bewegungsvektoren sichtbar
>
> "vorwärts/rückwärts vorausberechnete" should be better.

I knew that translation wasn't good, just didn't get the right one on my own.
Thanks.

> BTW, I find the site http://dict.leo.org most useful as a dictionary.

Yes it is indeed. I use it frequently (but didn't for above example)

> I'd mention explicitly that it was translated by Moritz and you, like
> so:
>
> Diese Manpage wurde zum größten Teil von Gabucino, Diego Biurrun und
> Jonas Jermann geschrieben und von Moritz Bunkus und Sebastian Krämer
> ins Deutsche übersetzt.

Yes, that was my plan from the beginning. And it was the reason that I left
that part out at first. I just didn't know who did what but I guess I just
should have asked ;)

Thanks for reviewing my patches. I made changes already but it's late. I'll
have a look over it another day (don't want to commit crappy patches that
need a re-review *g)

Sebastian