[MPlayer-DOCS] manpage, swedish translation

Torinthiel torinthiel at megapolis.pl
Mon Oct 25 20:21:46 CEST 2004

On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 03:18:33PM +0200, Carl F?rstenberg wrote:
> Wouldn't it be possible att compile-time to check if the system handle
> utf-8, otherwise convert it to som one-byte encoding?

Hard. For example you can have a system that has two different
terminals, one supporting utf, and the other not. The system in this
case supports utf-8 or not? (And it's not an idle example, I've seen
boxes with this setup).

> About the mailer, I'm using gmail, and I have reported this bug (?),
> havn't got any answer yet.
> About widly usage, probably everyone using a reecent version of gtk or
> qt is using utf-8 per default, I think. And, what would you do if
> someone begun translating the manpage to japanese etc...?

Then see what is the most often used Japanese encoding and use that one.
That (AFAIK) was the rule for encodings until now.
Torinthiel

--
 Waclaw "Torinthiel" Schiller       GG#: 542916, 3073512
   torinthiel(at)megapolis(dot)pl