[MPlayer-DOCS] Swedish translation

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Mon Oct 18 01:39:46 CEST 2004

On Sunday 17 October 2004 20:52, Carl Fûrstenberg wrote:

> "Användning:   mplayer [argument] [url|sökväg/]filenamn\n"
filnamn, not filenamn in swedish, I think?

> " vcd://<spårnr>      spela (S)VCD (Super Video CD) spår (rå enhet, ingen montering)\n"

I don't know what other languages do, or what the standard practice for swedish translations
is, but atleast "montering" wasn't immediately apparent to me what it meant. What do other
applications use?

> " -alang/-slang       välj DVD audio/undertext-språk (m.h.a. ett 2-teckens landskod)\n"

Undertext? Isn't "textning" commonly used? I have a DVD purchased in Sweden, and it
uses the noun "textning" and the verb "textad".

> " -sub <fil>          specifiera undertextsfil att använda (se också -subfps, -subdelay)\n

Again, textning?

> " -vid x -aid y       välj video (x) och audio (y) ström att spela\n"

> " -fps x -srate y     ändra video (x fps) och audio (y Hz) frekvens\n"

bilder per sekund? Although fps is such a widely known term it's probably
usable in swedish as well, I have no idea though, I always use english versions
of all software.

> " -framedrop          aktivera ramtappning (för långsamma maskiner)\n"

ramtappning? I have to admit I'd have no idea at all what this meant if I saw it out
of -framedrop context :)

> " p eller SPACE       pausa filmen (tryckl på valfri tagent för att fortsätta)\n"

Typo: tryck vs tryckl

> " o                   växla OSD läge:  ingen / sökbar / sökbar + tidtagare\n"

Sökbar sounds ambigous, and atleast my first reaction is "seekable" rather than "seek bar".
Is there no better expression? What is the swedish translation of "progress bar"?

> " z eller x           ställ in undertextsfördröjning med ± 0.1 sekund\n"

textningsfördröjning?

Anyway, nice work :-) Hope you have the oportunity to translate more :-)