[MPlayer-DOCS] [RFC] Binary packaging guidelines

Arpi arpi at mplayerhq.hu
Wed Nov 17 13:06:28 CET 2004

Hi,

> > > Methinks that DGA is obsolete, so no need to require it.
> >
> > Is it? We have a big section about it in the docs. And it doesn't require
> > any additional libs.
>
> AFAIR it's slower than xv or vidix and requires root privileges.  I cannot

sure, but works well on those old cards with no xv/vidix support, like s3
trio, tseng 6000, matrox g100 etc.

and vidix needs root privs, too.

> > By Windows DLLs. I prefer Linux libs over DLLs. At least loading them
> > is more reliable, I understand. But OK, if anyone else tells me to drop
> > it, I will.
>
> But Windows DLL support is mandatory anyway, so the XAnim lib support
> becomes kind of redundant.

on x86, maybe
anyway i'm not sure win32 dlls work better than xanim native libs in
all cases, as xanim codecs export yuv buffers, while most dll is rgb only

A'rpi / MPlayer, Astral & ESP-team

--
Girls are like internet domain names, the ones I like are already taken.