[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: homepage/images arpi-s.jpg, 1.1, NONE arpi.jpg, 1.1, NONE hq-small.gif, 1.1, NONE hq.gif, 1.1, NONE lgb-640k.jpg, 1.1, NONE poncso.jpg, 1.1, NONE team.jpg, 1.1, NONE torgyi.jpg, 1.1, NONE

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Mon Nov 8 00:55:51 CET 2004

Gabucino writes:
> meanwhile my old "cat * > news.html" script is being ported to use
> GNU make? (ROTFL! Bloat of bloats.)

On my machine (K6-III 500) your script takes about 6 seconds every
time it is run, no matter what changed.  Torinthiel's build system
takes 7 seconds after a make clean but also calls sed to fix page
encodings.  Later on when only one page has changed it only takes
about 1 second.  For the homepage make clean is never necessary.  When
three pages have been changed it still takes less than 2 seconds.