[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: homepage/src projects.src.hu,1.62,1.63

Guillaume POIRIER guillaume.poirier at etudiant.univ-rennes1.fr
Fri Nov 5 13:48:02 CET 2004

Hi,
Diego Biurrun wrote:
> Guillaume POIRIER writes:

> I was thinking about the Debian section of the XML documentation, but
> the README is also a good place.  Please commit with the suggested
> changes.  Could you also update the XML docs afterwards?

Sure!

>>+Don't forget to clean up the source tree before running a new compilation,
>>+otherwise no new package will get built:
>

> Works fine for me without cleaning up before the next compilation.

What happens is that if I do a cvs update (that actually updates some
files) and re-run "fakeroot debian/rules binary" then it just re-builds
the package using the binaries previously compiled (i.e. it doesn't
re-compile the objects which source was update).
That's what seem to happen here, but maybe I'm getting confused with
just an doc update for which a package rebuilding process was very fast
(since no re-compilation was necessary).
I'll try to remember to double-check tonigh to see if without a
"fakeroot debian/rules clean" a source update actually rebuilds the
package correctly.
May what I experienced be triggered by the fact I don't have a
".developper" file on my source tree?

> Anyway, committed a modified version of your patch, thanks.

No problem!

Regards,