[MPlayer-DOCS] translating manpage

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Tue Jan 20 05:46:14 CET 2004

Philippe De Swert writes:
 > Already I am maintaining the help-mp.nl.h file, and I thought of starting with
 > the translation to dutch/Flemish of the man page. Is there an easier way than
 > having to write the translation between all these tags?

None that I know of.

 > PS: Is the html documentation going to be deprecated?

It already is.

 > I've already translated part of it, is it wise to continue with
 > that?

Translate the man page and the XML documentation instead.

I just committed a translation HOWTO.  Just read
DOCS/tech/translations.txt.  It should explain all.  Since it is the
initial revision I would be grateful for suggestions and criticism.
Maybe I have still missed some things.