[MPlayer-DOCS] mencoder again!

Juan Martin nauj27 at teleline.es
Sat Jan 3 17:10:25 CET 2004

El vie, 02-01-2004 a las 00:27, Qba escribió:
> On Friday 02 of January 2004 00:15, Gabucino wrote:
> > Qba wrote:
> > > <replaceable> tags strike back ;P
> > What's the sense of all these tag-wars? It just adds a lot of unnecessary
> > work for translators.
>
> I don't know.
> But i noticed that these tags are in some places like output.avi, input.avi etc. but not in all these places, so it
> doesn't make any sense, they should be everywere where they must be (between <screen> tags) or nowere.
> Then i think translators will know what can be translated and what can't. So maybe we should remove all those tags ?
>
> I don't know why you wrote that this adds work for translators they should translate filenames between <screen> tags anyway.
> So this only helps that they know what can be or cannot be translated.
>
> What do you think ?
>
> Qba

I'm translator and yeah, it's a lot of work. Not only because I should
or not translate the intra <replaceable> tags, but also for add the
tags. However when the tags are in the correct place and are for better,
it's ok to add it I think.

--
  Juan Martín López - ICQ #76955750
    http://pagina.de/juanotura/