[MPlayer-DOCS] Unbreakable space

Guillaume POIRIER guillaume.poirier at etudiant.univ-rennes1.fr
Sat Dec 11 10:48:41 CET 2004

Hi,

Le lundi 06 décembre 2004 à 11:48 +0100, Guillaume Poirier a écrit :

> In the attempt to correct French XML doc, I ran into a typography problem.
> French typography needs an unbreakable space before each "double"
> ponctuation mark, like ';' or ':'. Google tells me that   is the
> way to go to write an unbreakable space, but I'm wondering if XML
> could be as clever as LaTeX to generate on-the-fly the appropriate
> typography depending on the language.
> I agree it's really a minor problem, but I'd really like to learn more
> about XML, and verify/understand why people get so excited about it...

Ok, several days passed by, with no response to this message... Should I
consider that they aren't XML wizards here who know about typography, or
should I consider that this issue is unimportant enough not to settle
for a specific solution?

I'd like to add that I was not criticizing the fact that MPlayer uses
XML... I'm just wondering whether XML is mature enough to provide the at
least the same features as LaTeX (more precisely regarding typography).

Regards,