[MPlayer-DOCS] various sync against latest English manpage

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Tue Aug 24 00:18:36 CEST 2004

Guillaume POIRIER writes:
> Here are some updates against the english manpage. I'm still virtually
> at the same %age of advancement in the total sync of the manpage, but it
> appeared to me it was simpler to commit and translate english updates as
> they get into the cvs.

You'll catch up eventually, I think I'll have the manual page finished
by the end of the year ;-P

> Any feedbacks welcome,

Here it goes...

> -Cette option est obsolète maintenant que Mplayer supporte OpenDML.
> +Cette option est obsolète maintenant que Mplayer gère OpenDML.
> -Cette option est obsolète maintenant que Mplayer supporte OpenDML.
> +Cette option est obsolète maintenant que Mplayer gère OpenDML.

Erm, this spelling of MPlayer needs to be fixed urgently.  So urgently
in fact that I did it myself ;-)

> +.IPs 16
> +32-bit signé (little-endian)

I'm not sure if it is a good idea to translate "signed", since it is a
reserved C keyword.  But I may be wrong.  What do the other
translators think?  How did you handle this?

> -ajuste la taille et la position de l'overlay au cas où il ne corresponde
> -pas parfaitement à la fenêtre (par défaut: 0)
>  .IPs overlay
> -active l'overlay
> +Active l'overlay (par défaut).
>  .IPs overlay-ratio=<1\-2500>
> -règle l'overlay (1000 par défaut)
> +Règle l'overlay (1000 par défaut).

Hmm, I think this could be handled in a more consistent fashion.  I'd
stick to "(defaut: XXX)" just like in English.  You're free to use a
different version in your translation but you should stick to one, so
either "(par defaut: XXX)" or "(XXX par defaut)".