[MPlayer-DOCS] French manpage update

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Fri Aug 20 12:35:43 CEST 2004

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 11:18:43AM +0200, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:

> >AFAIK idx/forceidx are AVI-specific options...for example there's no index
> >in a MPG file...no ?
> I think you're right, but I just wanted to be carefull and follow as
> much as possible the information on the english man page.

Yes, please follow the English manual page.  If you find errors or parts
that could be improved (and there are many of both) then please send a patch
for the English man page before changing the translation.

> I also thought that maybe OGM, ASF, WMA or Matroska could benefit from
> that MPlayer's functionnality, however, since I can't test right now, I
> think it's better not to restrict *idx to only AVI files.

As I said, it works (at least) for Real files as well.

> Moreover, I heard some time ago that WMA were some kind of AVIs, the
> video codec beeing wm9 or something like that (which I don't use).

WMA (Windows Media Audio) is an audio codec.  Codecs are not to be confused
with container formats like AVI, ASF, Ogg, Matroska, NUT, etc.  WMA can be
contained in AVI, in ASF and in many other container formats along with
video and other data.