[MPlayer-DOCS] French manpage update

Guillaume POIRIER gpoirier at irisa.fr
Fri Aug 20 11:18:43 CEST 2004

nico wrote:
> Le jeudi 19 Août 2004 17:38, Guillaume POIRIER a écrit :
>>.B \-idx (voir aussi \-forceidx)
>>-Reconstruit l'INDEX du fichier AVI si aucun INDEX n'a été trouvé,
>>+Reconstruit l'index du fichier vidéo si aucun index n'est trouvé,
>>permet ainsi de ce déplacer.
>>-Utile avec les téléchargements cassés/\:incomplets, ou les AVIs de mauvaise
>>-qualité.
>>+Utile avec les téléchargements cassés/\:incomplets, les vidéos en cours
>>+de/ou mal générée.
>

> AFAIK idx/forceidx are AVI-specific options...for example there's no index in
> a MPG file...no ?
I think you're right, but I just wanted to be carefull and follow as
much as possible the information on the english man page.
I also thought that maybe OGM, ASF, WMA or Matroska could benefit from
that MPlayer's functionnality, however, since I can't test right now, I
think it's better not to restrict *idx to only AVI files.
Moreover, I heard some time ago that WMA were some kind of AVIs, the
video codec beeing wm9 or something like that (which I don't use).
Regarding MPG files, I don't think I ever had any problem with indexes
with them, so I think using *idx on them is pretty useless.

> apart from that, congratulation Guillaume, you've done a good work :)
Thanks.
I'll try to keep the amount of patches steady, so we can have a French
man page by the end of the month, hopefully.

Regards,