[MPlayer-DOCS] Documentation of XviD options in french man page

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Thu Aug 19 17:05:27 CEST 2004

Guillaume POIRIER writes:
> Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > Guillaume POIRIER writes:
> >>PS: I found a better desciption for the "Chroma Optimizer" for the
> >>english man page (already present in this updated french man page).
> >>Shall I send a patch for such a small change?
> >
> > Yes, please.
> So here it is!

Patch applied, thanks.

> I read yesterday the doc you pointed me at: main/DOCS/tech/manpage.txt
> It seems that we're supposed to document options in alaphabetic order,
> which is done for mplayer's general option... But ever for lavc, this
> isn't the case, as much as it is for XviD (the spot were I put XviD's
> "cartoon" and "trellis" options are pure luck, so to speak ;-) ).
> Should I re-order the options in any way then?

Yes, I reordered the options alphabetically some time ago.  However,
the codec specific options are still in the order they were in some
time ago.  Alphabetical order is not always the best.  Some options
are related to each other and thus best grouped together.  You know
the options best, so feel free to reorder them alphabetically or in
another sane way.

Another thing: I think not all XviD options are documented at the
moment.  Maybe you could go through libmpcodecs/ve_xvid.c and
libmpcodecs/ve_xvid4.c and document the missing options.  I would even
consider something like

some_option
				FIXME: Document this.

an improvement, so this could be a start.