[MPlayer-dev-eng] Registering MPlayer at Libera IRC network

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Thu May 27 11:19:03 EEST 2021

Hi all,

the situation on freenode has changed visibly in the very recent
days. AFAICT channels were changed by freenode and topics were
analyzed to find those channels. [1][2][3][4]

Personally I have lost trust in the people currently running the
freenode IRC network.

I wouldn't have expected being in this situation right now :(

I propose to move to Libera and therefore do the following:

1. Update IRC section on mailing lists page to point to Libera
2. Post a news entry announcing the switch
3. Change topic on freenode: "Old channel, please read the news-entry"

**Please voice your opinions and raise arguments now.**

If I hear nothing against moving to Libera, I will update the
homepage on Friday.

Greetings,
  Alexander (beastd on IRC)

1. https://www.gentoo.org/news/2021/05/26/gentoo-freenode-channels-hijacked.html