[MPlayer-dev-eng] Fix crashes when pthread_create fails

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun May 6 21:04:27 EEST 2018

On 01.03.2018, at 15:11, Zhouyang Jia <jiazhouyang09 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a PhD student. I analyzed the mplayer source code and found
> pthread_create missing error handling in several places, which may
> cause bad results like crash.
>
> I think it's unsafe to assume the library function would be correct.
> It would be better if we could handle the error properly.

Seems like this was stuck in the moderation queue I guess.
For future reference, I did a very cursory review of this for the second message which got through right away:
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2018-March/073719.html
Probably one part of it should be applied, but the others likely need another look at what the appropriate handling is.