[MPlayer-dev-eng] compilation issue with recent ffmpeg

Compn tempn at mi.rr.com
Sat Jan 13 15:58:07 EET 2018

On Tue, 9 Jan 2018 13:44:24 +0000, sylvain.bertrand at gmail.com wrote:

> > BTW bug reports are better sent to the mplayer-users list, and/
> > or reported on the bug tracker. It is likely you get more help
> > on -users and if you create a bug it is easier to track.
>
> I use noscript www browsers (links/lynx/netsurf/w3m...), I tend to avoid www
> interface of bug trackers which are less and less friendly with the noscript
> web. I'll try next time.

Hey! another person who hates javascript and modern web browsers! :)

i just tested http://trac.mplayerhq.hu with javascript disabled in an
old modern browser and it does work.

also tested with netsurf and it seems to work there (at least login
and preview of new ticket).

also tested elinks , and it fails on the tracker to log in. links/lynx
are not merely "noscript" web browsers, they also lack many features ,
even html 3.2 features. as 3.2 was standardized in 1997, 21 years
ago, its time to reevaluate your options. you will be forced to upgrade
or you will be left behind.

while i fully support people using old software (i used windows 2000
until 2013.) i'm afraid that the modern web has left the old web
browsers behind. i dont have any alternatives , maybe using a small
android vm that runs only a web browser would be somewhat secure.
firefox and chromium cannot be trusted unless virtualized.

if there are better fast/small browsers (under 50mb lol) that work on
the current web (for example, youtube), i would love to hear about them.

tip for any chrome users out there, install the extension that
auto deletes your history after specified number of days. this speeds up
chrome/chromium as they do not have a setting to limit history. parsing
large history slows down web browser. such poor design.

-compn