[MPlayer-dev-eng] Patch adding GNU TLS support to mplayer

Oleksandr Ostrenko oleksandr.ostrenko at tu-dresden.de
Wed Sep 3 07:52:58 CEST 2014

Lately more of youtube videos are streamed over https, which makes
smtube with mplayer back-end fail with an error message stating there
was no stream to handle. In order to solve this issue, I made this patch
adding GNU TLS support to mplayer (see attached gnu_tls_draft.patch and
the TLS implementation in tls.h and tls.c, both files to be copied to
'stream' subdirectory) and would like to send it in for a review. I also
took into consideration a previous attempt to add similar functionality
to mplayer (see
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2007-February/049277.html).

It works for me with youtube https streams.

Oleksandr