[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] Potmeter issue

Ingo Brückl ib at wupperonline.de
Sat Mar 1 19:34:39 CET 2014

Hans-Dieter Kosch wrote on Sat, 01 Mar 2014 19:17:29 +0100:

> Ingo Brückl wrote:
>>
>> * Instead of 'potmeter', a new item 'pimage' (phase image, same parameters)
>>   will be introduced.

> 'pimage' reminded me to 'potimage' at the first moment. What about
> 'phsimage' or 'phaseimg' or sth. to make its meaning more clear and
> distinguish from the pot items?

Well, actually that's intentional. It goes fine with the potmeters and I'm
planning to mention this in the documentation. (See skin Clearlooks for an
example. Its potmeter will become a pimage.)

>> * Concerning the depreciated 'potmeter' in a skin file:
>>   ** If there is another related item for the message, it will be handled
>>      like a pimage.
>>   ** Not quite sure what to do if there is no other related item for the
>>      message.

> I think the potmeter in a skin file can be handled as pimage in any case,
> since it behaves that way for now. If it were intended as control element,
> it has to be redefined anyway to make it working. It's probably impossible
> heuristic to deduce the intention of the potmeter and handle it accordingly
> as pimage or rpotmeter.

It can only be a hpotmeter like control.

I'm currently checking with ancient MPlayer versions whether a potmeter was
controllable in former times.

> I'll do my best...

Don't actually start until rpotmeter shows up in the skin.c source. There
will be some changes until then.

Ingo