[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] gui ignores mplayer volume option

Ingo Brückl ib at wupperonline.de
Tue Jul 29 23:56:55 CEST 2014

Stephen Sheldon wrote on Tue, 29 Jul 2014 13:44:32 -0700:

> On 7/29/2014 10:08 AM, Ingo Brückl wrote:
>> Stephen Sheldon wrote on Tue, 22 Jul 2014 12:44:19 -0700:
>>
>>> Here is a patch for the windows GUI to use the skin defaults for volume
>>> and balance.
>> Doesn't work for me.
>>
>> The guiInfo members get loaded with the defaults, but when GUI_SET_AUDIO
>> is called they are all 0.
>> I'm lacking some Windows thread programming experience here. Maybe
>> someone could explain to me the existence and instance(s) of guiInfo
>> inside GuiThread() and outside.
>>
> I installed Wine on my Fedora 20 installation (64-bit only was a bit of a
> challenge), compiled MPlayer for it, and I got the same results you did.

Does this mean it'll work with real Windows, but not with Wine?

> The difference between mygui and GuiInfo [...]

>From what I've experienced I'd say that the thread gets and uses it's own
copy of guiInfo, so at running time there are two instances of it. (I thought
a global variable would be mutually accessible.)

In the meantime, I have a working solution for assigning the skin defaults to
the "right" copy of guiInfo, but it seems that there are some bugs with
setting volume and/or balance (evSetVolume, evSetBalance,
GUI_SET_VOLUME_BALANCE) in the Win32 GUI (with dsound, at least).

Ingo