[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] fix playback of 8-bit audio when sndio ao is used

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Wed Feb 26 20:56:49 CET 2014

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 03:18:20AM -0500, Brad Smith wrote:
> On 17/02/14 1:18 PM, Alexandre Ratchov wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >This diff unbreaks playback of u8 audio. AFAIU, the endianness bit
> >must be set to AF_FORMAT_NE for 8-bit formats.
>
> Any comment regarding this diff?

I tried with hacking other aos to advertise the "wrong" endianness
for 8-bit formats and I didn't see any major issues, so I don't know what
the problem is it fixes?
There was a small issue in the printout and it would cause a point
"endianness conversion" to be inserted.
I just made the audio_out.c code normalize the 8 bit formats.
So now it definitely shouldn't be causing any issues anymore.