[MPlayer-dev-eng] gui: subtitle menu is not populated when playing from mpg file

Ingo Brückl ib at wupperonline.de
Tue Aug 12 16:03:58 CEST 2014

Lode Leroy wrote on Fri, 1 Aug 2014 16:30:25 +0200:

> please consider the following fix for mplayer -gui...

> mpctx_get_global_sub_size(guiInfo.mpcontext);
> is not returning the number of subtitles, because
> void update_global_sub_size(MPContext *mpctx)
> was not called to update it.

Well, this is because of the mpg demuxer (lavf works fine by the way).

Apparently the mpg demuxer can detect subtitles only while playing, but
MPlayer has already finished updating subtitle information then.

In order to really fix the cause, update_global_sub_size() should be called
prior to returning MPContext global_sub_size information. Unfortunately,
update_global_sub_size() cannot be static any longer then.

I consider this a better solution that adding some update_global_sub_size()
code to the GUI.

Opinions?

Ingo