[MPlayer-dev-eng] Copy audio broken in MEncoder

Grozdan neutrino8 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 23:37:52 CEST 2014

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 11:32 PM, Reimar Döffinger
<Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 10:55:20PM +0200, Grozdan wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 10:50 PM, Reimar Döffinger
>> <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:

>> > Not reproducible for me with any of the input files I have and
>> > either of -ovc lavc or -ovc copy.
>>
>> I'm a bit confused. You are copying the video while I was talking
>> about copying the audio with -oac copy.
>
> Of course I used -oac copy. But I don't have xvid here, so I replaced
> that one with something else, that's why I only mentioned -ovc.

hmm, how come I get such duplicates all the time?

input is H.264 video + AC-3 audio, command line is:

mencoder input.mkv -ovc x264 -x264encopts bitrate=2000 -oac copy -o test.avi

when I do this, it duplicates like crazy. It's not just this
particular input file but on all others I tested

anyways, i'm happy with -mc 0 too :)

Yours truly