[MPlayer-dev-eng] Copy audio broken in MEncoder

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Apr 14 21:55:13 CEST 2014

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 03:16:11PM +0200, Grozdan wrote:
> Copying audio with -oac copy is broken in MEncoder. It duplicates
> frames like crazy and the result is a desync between the video and
> audio. Can this be fixed, please?
>
> (yes, I know MEncoder is not actively developed but I suspect it needs
> just a minor fix)

I doubt it, there was never much of a reason for -oac copy to actually
work, it requires figuring out the audio timestamps without
decoding which I can't see any implementation of.
Or in other words, except for chance it never really worked.
-mc 0 -noskip should still be a workaround if you don't need any
special behaviour that would actually require sync correction.