[MPlayer-dev-eng] modify mplayer source to read image from network

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Sun Sep 8 16:38:09 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 2013-09-08 03:44 -0700, Saman Tabatabaeian wrote:
> I am told to modify mplayer source code. I receive 25 images per second from network and want to show them via mplayer. A fellow suggested that I need to use a fifo to redirect mplayer input from local drive to read from the newtork. I do not exactly what to do. Could anyone please explain what source file and headers I need to modify to accomplish this please. Besides, is using fifo a good idea to accomplish this?

  unfortunately this is too vague!

  MPlayer can already read all kinds of media streams from the network
without any modifications. If you expect help please provide more
details.

  Note it might work out better if you ask this question on the
mplayer-users mailing list and come back here only if the discussion
concluded development is actually needed.

  Alexander