[MPlayer-dev-eng] modify mplayer source to read image from network

Saman Tabatabaeian saman_tabatabaeian at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 8 12:44:30 CEST 2013

Dear all,

I am told to modify mplayer source code. I receive 25 images per second from network and want to show them via mplayer. A fellow suggested that I need to use a fifo to redirect mplayer input from local drive to read from the newtork. I do not exactly what to do. Could anyone please explain what source file and headers I need to modify to accomplish this please. Besides, is using fifo a good idea to accomplish this?

Cheers,
Saman