[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer trac on the project server (was: New redmine bugtracker - feedbacks ?

Ingo Brückl ib at wupperonline.de
Tue Oct 8 18:37:26 CEST 2013

Alexander Strasser wrote on Sat, 5 Oct 2013 19:39:13 +0200:

>   For 75% of the user base it should work. It is only that
> you, Reimar, and Ingo are not amongst those.

As an unexperienced trac user just playing around a bit, I had some problems:

- "My Tickets" isn't working, but I could make a custom query for it.

- I could not save my custom query.

- I could read, but couldn't open, change or add a bug.

- I could log in(?), but couldn't log out.

This was the point where I was becoming suspicious. After hitting "login"
again, I got two warnings that I have to verify my email address and one that
I don't have full privileges.

I could verify my address by getting an email, logged in, changed my password
and entered my name ... and now couldn't log in anymore: Invalid username or
password. (Resetting the password works, but after the forced change login is
impossible.)

Then I figured out that the forced password change doesn't work, i.e. you
have to use the old, emailed password. (The above problems are ok now.)

On the bright side:

- Import of the GUI bugs seems ok.

I wonder whether all default(?) reports are useful. Reports selecting the
components might come in handy.

Ingo