[MPlayer-dev-eng] Flickering video when resizing

Dan Oscarsson Dan.Oscarsson at tieto.com
Wed Jan 23 14:15:32 CET 2013

ons 2013-01-23 klockan 13:06 +0100 skrev Ingo Brückl:

> After quite some tests I've decided to go with setting a transparent
> background pixmap which even works with a compositing manager and transset-df
> for me ... well, slower then, of course.

Is this when using the GUI?

I normally do not use the GUI. But when using vdpau and doing resizing I
got flickering long ago. I have fixed that in vdpau long ago (in my own
patches) but that fix is not related to background colour, instead it is
related to how redraw of video data is scaled to match resized size.
But I can check later how things works in vdpau and how the X windows is
set up there.

    Dan