[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer bug tracker migration

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Wed Dec 25 10:47:04 CET 2013

Merry Christmas, Ingo!

On 2013-12-24 20:45 +0100, Ingo Brückl wrote:
> Alexander Strasser wrote on Sun, 22 Dec 2013 23:22:05 +0100:
>
> > On 2013-12-22 20:42 +0100, Ingo Brückl wrote:
> >>
> >> BTW, are the currently existing pages (as seen on the title index, Trac*
> >> and Wiki*) somehow protected or can they be changed by logged in users?
> >> (I didn't want to try out, but these "trac system" pages should probably
> >> be read only.)
>
> >   They actually are editable. Making them read-only would make sense but
> > it would also complicate the linking to the actual content pages.
>
> There seem to be lots and useful permissions that can be granted.
>
> A newly registered user who wants to report bugs should have (nothing more
> than?) some of the TICKET_* and *_VIEW permissions.
>
> Developers should have most of the *_CREATE, *_MODIFY, *_RENAME permissions
> while only admins should have all (including PERMISSION_*).

  Usually it is configured in a way that anonymous visitors get
the *_VIEW permissions and authenticated (registered and logged in)
users get various *_CREATE and *_MODIFY in addition.

  Few chosen trusted users get more permissions for management/admin
functions.

  This way it can be used in a collaborative wiki style.

> Have you had time to think about an authorization concept?
>
> Does it seem useful to have one?

  I did not deeply think about it. The defaults seemed
reasonable to me. The details can be tuned if necessary.

  Alexander