[MPlayer-dev-eng] [MPlayer-users] VDPAU decoding in MPlayer broken by recent FFmpeg changes

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Wed Aug 7 21:36:19 CEST 2013

On Wed, Aug 07, 2013 at 05:26:52PM +0200, Ilja Sekler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this FFmpeg merge has broken the decoding of videos in MPlayer
> through the VDPAU decoder using the traditional "-vc ffh264vdpau" or
> "-vc ffmpeg12vdpau" options:

Yes, quite known.
You could help test by using my recent patch on FFmpeg-devel and
attached diff.
I managed to test the MPEG-2 variant and it "worked" i.e. it decoded
fine, but it printed an error about an invalid handle about once per
frame. I don't know if that is due to the pseudo-VDPAU that Mesa
implements for AMD cards or if something is wrong.