[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] fix compilation error in gui/win32/interface.c

Ingo Brückl ib at wupperonline.de
Sat Nov 24 00:35:53 CET 2012

Stephen Sheldon wrote on Fri, 23 Nov 2012 11:45:56 -0800:

> I am getting a compilation error in gui/win32/interface.c.

> gui/win32/interface.c:820:12: error: static declaration of
> 'add_to_gui_playlist' follows non-static declaration

Sorry, I missed this, because it could be static with regard to the Win32
GUI. As you've said, only the X11/GTK GUI calls it from outside now.

Alexander Strasser wrote on Fri, 23 Nov 2012 22:57:05 +0100:

> Ingo, I hope you don't mind.

Not at all.

> If you want to fix this in a different way, feel free to do so.

No, it's ok, although I'm wondering what is more favourable - to use the same
name for functions doing the same (in different ways) in both GUIs (even if
one has to be non-static although it could and should be static) or to use a
different name in order to sustain its static-ness?

Ingo