[MPlayer-dev-eng] Release 1.1 first packaging attempt

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun May 6 14:04:57 CEST 2012

Hello,
we decided it is time to do a release again.
However there are two problems with that
1) We generally need a lot of testing to check that there are no too
serious issues.
2) The usual people seem to have no time, FFmpeg has switched to git
etc. so some knowledge on how to make the release tarball got lost.

So I just made the first try of creating one from current trunk.
I'd like as many people as possible to test compiling and running.
I'd also like people to check that the right stuff is included
(i.e. the HTML DOCS are there and work as expected, there are no
.svn or .git directories etc.).
I also have not decided on the formats, though I tend towards not making
a .tar.gz available but only a .tar.bz2 and possibly .tar.xz.
Opinions on that are welcome, too.

And here's the tarball for you to test:
http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/MPlayer-1.1_testing_only.tar.bz2

Thanks for your help,