[MPlayer-dev-eng] release.sh script?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun May 6 14:38:38 CEST 2012

On Sun, May 06, 2012 at 02:05:08PM +0200, Roberto Togni wrote:
> On Sun, 6 May 2012 13:15:02 +0200
> Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > DOCS/tech/release-howto.txt mentions a release.sh script.
> > Does that actually exist/does someone have a copy of it?
> > I'm sure it would be quite outdated, but it wouldn't hurt to
> > have it as a starting point to make it easier to avoid forgetting
> > things.
> >

> Hi,
>  I attached the script that I used when I did the releases.
> It's surely outdated, since it gets ffmpeg by svn externals instead of
> git; also the paths refer to the old server, I have no idea about the
> layout of the new one.

Due to the docs generation I'm not sure I'll want to run it on the
server anyway.
I've committed my variant that seems to at least produce something
compilable, hopefully there'll be some feedback to be more sure if it
is ok.

> I'm attaching also my personal version of the release howto that I ever
> got to commit, in case there is something useful in it for you.

That's a good idea, though unless there are volunteers I'll probably
skip quite a few of the steps (like Changelog update).

>    - commit all release-related changes to the branch
>      - version.sh

I believe version.sh is no longer supposed to be modified,
just a VERSION file is created.