[MPlayer-dev-eng] make fatetest fails

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Fri Jul 6 18:44:12 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jul 06, 2012 at 06:23:54PM +0200, Ingo Brückl wrote:
> I wrote on Fri, 06 Jul 2012 18:11:59 +0200:
>
> > After downloading the samples for a ffmpeg fate test I though it might be
> > interesting to do such a test (the first time ever) for MPlayer as well.
>
> > I've got lots of (i.e. 212) errors:
>
> >   make: *** [tests/res/4xm/dracula.4xm.md5] Error 1
>
> Well, I've just discovered that there is no .md5 file for this test.
> Couldn't we check before whether a test is reasonable?

The idea from my side was that whoever runs into that case would just
copy the md5 that the test just created into tests/res and then commit
it.
I know, optimistic, and also works badly with releases.
Still, anything you can do to make it more usable is welcome,
I just didn't have time for it lately.