[MPlayer-dev-eng] bmovl bug : regression

Emmanuel Anne emmanuel.anne at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 09:02:20 CET 2012

Hi, I just noticed a very bad bug with bmovl in the current svn version
(and since at least a few weeks).
It's related to the fps, some files make it badly crash, but it's hard to
tell which ones. Anyway some files have a bad fps in their header, mplayer
identifies them with something like 1000 fps, but plays them correctly
anyway at 25 or 30 fps in normal conditions. When passing -vf
bmovl=1:0:fifo for example, then it tries to play the file with the bad fps
from the number. If it's 1000 fps, then you get a crash.

I even got a crash from a normal 23.97 fps file, so I don't know where this
one comes from.
The bug didn't happen in the debian package labeled svn20111213 so it must
be quite recent.
But even with this version, with one of of these videos I get the message
"pts after filters MISSING" and it's played way too fast.
The only filter here was bmovl, and without it the video is played
correctly.
Quite a strange bug, I didn't know bmovl could affect fps ?

On a side note I noticed mplayer can't seem to be able to display subtitles
embeded in a h264/aac video file, but I guess it's a known problem ? It
detects the subtitle, even displays its language when using the j key, but
there is no way to make it to display it.

I can post some video pieces if you want...