[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] configure: print "recommended codecs"

Dan Oscarsson Dan.Oscarsson at tieto.com
Mon Dec 3 08:17:40 CET 2012

sön 2012-12-02 klockan 16:44 +0000 skrev Carl Eugen Hoyos:
> Dan Oscarsson <Dan.Oscarsson <at> tieto.com> writes:
>
> > I have only used NVIDIA cards, and with those vdpau
> > is best. I think I tried gl long ago and then it was
> > quite slow.
>
> vo gl_nosw can be significantly faster than vo vdpau
> for everything != yuv420 (and uyvy/yuyv/nv12).

I have not check which media uses these formats, but in my case with
vdpau decoding and the vdpau for output should be faster as all handling
is on graphics card.

But I prefer vdpau even when vdapu is not doing the decoding as vdapu
out gives me the vsync timing which is needed to do good frame display
scheduling (which is used in my patches).

   Dan