[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] configure: print "recommended codecs"

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Dec 2 13:26:11 CET 2012

Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger <at> gmx.de> writes:

> > (Also note that since OpenJPEG doesn't say where its headers
> > should be installed, it may not be as simple to install it as
> > it should be.)
>
> I assume that most would just install the distribution package.

Which does not help because configure (both MPlayer and FFmpeg)
does not test both possible locations ;-((

> >> +  Recommended video output: opengl
> >
> > Given that on very old hardware, it doesn't work and you
> > claimed repeatedly that it does not work correctly on AMD,
> > this should probably read "vdpau if applicable OR opengl OR xv".
>
> What kind of very old hardware are you thinking of?
> I believe it even worked on a Riva TNT 2 back then.
> Of course the software colourspace conversion in that
> to do there is a speed issue.

I meant -vo gl_nosw because on hardware that needs old software
colourspace conversion xv makes a huge speed difference.

Imo, is should be:
If (!enabled(xv) && !enabled(opengl))
  warn "For a useful compilation, install opengl or xv."

Carl Eugen