[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] configure: print "recommended codecs"

Dan Oscarsson Dan.Oscarsson at tieto.com
Sun Dec 2 16:13:35 CET 2012

sön 2012-12-02 klockan 14:43 +0100 skrev Reimar Döffinger:
> On 2 Dec 2012, at 12:35, Andy Furniss <andyqos at ukfsn.org> wrote:
> > I get vdpau by default on ati even if xv works, but I actually prefer vdpau - in some cases it's better than xv or gl.
>
> When and why is it better than gl?

I have only used NVIDIA cards, and with those vdpau is best. I think I
tried gl long ago and then it was quite slow. For the last three and a
half years and have used vdpau for both decoding and display. Together
with by patches I can view 1080p movies on my tv without frame drops and
audio in sync.

So for me vdpau is the most inportant codec and video out. As I use
GNOME, pulse is the audio out I have to use.

   Dan