[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] configure: print "recommended codecs"

Andy Furniss andyqos at ukfsn.org
Sun Dec 2 15:29:56 CET 2012

Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On 2 Dec 2012, at 12:35, Andy Furniss <andyqos at ukfsn.org> wrote:
>> I get vdpau by default on ati even if xv works, but I actually prefer vdpau - in some cases it's better than xv or gl.
>
> When and why is it better than gl?

On my old 9600 there seems to be a vsync issue - so I guess it's the
r300 drivers problem. It does work, but testing fullscreen with yadif=1
at refresh rate it looks like it's running too slow. It may also be just
luck that vdpau works with the same test as 1920x1080 may be stretching
the limits of the hw.

I noticed when mesa went from classic to gallium the only benchmark that
was lower was -vo gl.

>> What problems did you see and which ati card?
>
> Image corruptioon, in particular subtitles, bad vsync and strange flickering.
> Performance didn't seem too great either.
> A HD 5700 card.
> It seems to be better with latest updates (it is not my main system, so I never investigated in detail).

Ahh, OK that's newer than anything I have and it does seem like they are
still getting up to speed with support for the newer cards.