[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] configure: print "recommended codecs"

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Dec 2 10:33:38 CET 2012

Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger <at> gmx.de> writes:

> +  Recommended codecs: ffmpeg(internal) libopus speex OpenJPEG

Given how difficult it is to compile without FFmpeg, I don't
think it has to be mentioned, on slow computers, I think the
FFmpeg J2k decoder is a magnitude faster, so I am not 100%
convinced OpenJPEG has to be installed.
(Also note that since OpenJPEG doesn't say where its headers
should be installed, it may not be as simple to install it as
it should be.)

> +  Recommended video output: opengl

Given that on very old hardware, it doesn't work and you
claimed repeatedly that it does not work correctly on AMD,
this should probably read "vdpau if applicable OR opengl OR xv".

I wonder if we should only print the messages if one of the
"necessary" features is missing.

Carl Eugen