[MPlayer-dev-eng] Compiling MPlayer under Wine

Ingo Brückl ib at wupperonline.de
Mon Oct 10 21:19:10 CEST 2011

Reimar Döffinger wrote on Mon, 10 Oct 2011 17:29:57 +0200:

> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 03:48:22PM +0200, Ingo Brückl wrote:
>> +#define _FORCENAMELESSUNION

> As said, such hacks should never ever be without an explanation.

It seemed self-explanatory to me, but you are right.

>> +#define IID_IUnknown MP_IID_IUnknown
>> +#define IID_IClassFactory MP_IID_IClassFactory

> Those belong to where the they are declared, and I don't see a reason to
> make them WINE-only.

My idea was to avoid their (unneeded) declarations by the Wine header files
here which could leave the loader sources untouched. But if I get you right,
you mean something like (new) patch #6? (I'm not too familiar with Windows
programming and these GUIDs and though IID_IUnknown and IID_IClassFactory
must be defined.)

>> +#define MP_DEFINE_LOCAL_GUID(name, l, w1, w2, b1, b2, b3, b4, b5, b6, b7, b8) \
>> +        static const GUID name = {l, w1, w2, {b1, b2, b3, b4, b5, b6, b7, b8}}
>> +#else
>> +#define MP_DEFINE_LOCAL_GUID static DEFINE_GUID

> I don't see a reason to have two different cases here either, the first
> one should always work.

Sure.

Ingo