[MPlayer-dev-eng] Small configure improvements

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev at gmail.com
Tue May 31 00:18:30 CEST 2011

Two small improvements that are already done by ffmpeg configure.
1. Check if the compiler works at all.
 I had a debug session, where x86 was detected as bigendian and
crosscompile. It turned out the compiler was broken and failing checks
lead to strange situation.
BTW I accept proposals for better messages, but I won't give you
credit for them :P

2. Add "-fno-tree-vectorize". It have been used in ffmpeg from quite
some time. This option have history of miscompilation, while its speed
advantages are rather questionable. We have recent report that gcc
4.6.0 and "-march=corei7-avx -O3" miscompiles ac3dec.c .
Compile check is used for detection of the option as it is rather recent.

I intend to commit them soon.