[MPlayer-dev-eng] dvd -vs- dvdnav

Steaphan Greene sgreene at cs.binghamton.edu
Thu Jul 14 19:30:48 CEST 2011

On 07/14/2011 06:25 AM, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> well, if you volunteer I wish you good luck! You'll need a lot :) ...
> and much more patience.
> Since you have both the coding skills and a good amount of testing
> material you will surely
> improve the dvd playback mechanism.

I appreciate your vote of confidence.  Hopefully, I'll at least
partially succeed.

I am highly motivated to make some progress here.  I am annoyed that I
must use 6 different media players to play my own content (because of
various capabilities/advantages).  I hope to give mplayer its missing
features to reduce that number (hopefully, eventually, to just 1).

At present, I think xine is the easiest target.  Right now, I only use
xine for its DVD menu support, and its more seamless file transitions.

--
Steaphan Greene <sgreene at cs.binghamton.edu>
Lecturer, Computer Science, Binghamton University